Daisypath Anniversary Years TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Grandparents - Day 3

The main reason we picked this particular weekend for my parents to visit was because I was singing in the choir that Sunday.  Our church choir sings in the morning service once a month during the school year, with more songs chosen for Christmas and Easter celebrations.  So, it was nice to have them experience another dimension of our life here.  :)  They got to help Nathan get Luke up and ready for church (I leave for church on choir Sundays before Luke is even awake), then got to enjoy hearing the choir!


After church, we all headed over to Nathan's parent's house to celebrate Matt's birthday (since we stole him away the previous weekend to Palm Springs).


Luke learned how to blow the birthday noisemakers, although I don't know if he ever blew hard enough to get noise to come out.  Just to unroll them was fun enough for him!


Classic picture to describe how my parents interacted with Luke and his music.  This is demonstrative of how Luke "dances" to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.  :)


That night, my parents took over our bedtime routine.  My mom read Luke his Bible stories...




...and my dad helped Luke brush his teeth!  You might notice he has an Elmo bandaid on his big toe.  He somehow scrapped the top of his toe at some point that evening (I don't remember now the exact story), and it was bleeding a tiny bit, so I got out the Elmo band-aids.  He liked it so much he left it on ALL NIGHT LONG!

1 comment:

  1. That's such a cute picture of Dad and Luke! (the tooth-brushing one)

    ReplyDelete