

We celebrated my birthday a few days early on the family dinner beforehand. It was a nice, low-key time with cake and presents after dinner. I also got a cross-stitch kit in the mail that day from my sister - thanks, Heidi! So, that Thursday, in many ways, felt like my birthday. :)


Cute story about Luke: Earlier in the day, I told Luke we'd be having cake at Grandma & Grandpa's house to celebrate Mommy's birthday. He loves cake, so he was quite excited about this. So, after presents were opened, I let him stand up on my chair with me while everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to me so he could see the cake better. He was getting all excited and seemed to be soaking it up, as if it were HIS birthday, so when we got to the line "Happy birthday to ....", I sang clearly to him "Mommy". He looked at me with this puzzled expression, so I'm sure he was confused as to why I didn't say his name instead. Then, when the singing stopped, he blew really hard in the direction of the cake (but was still too far away to blow any candles out). He totally thought the singing and cake was for him! I thought it was pretty cute. :)
Happy belated birthday. Love the story about Luke thinking the celebration was for him.
ReplyDelete